Kidnapped workers released in southern Libya - Xinhua - News Summed Up

Kidnapped workers released in southern Libya - Xinhua


Source: Xinhua| 2020-03-31 02:29:06|Editor: huaxiaVideo Player CloseTRIPOLI, March 30 (Xinhua) -- The state-owned National Oil Corporation (NOC) of the UN-backed Libyan government on Monday said that two of its workers have been released after they had been kidnapped for over a year and a half in southern Libya. "Today, the board of National Oil Corporation welcomes the release of Ashraf Msallam and Valentin-Laurentiu Puscasu, who have been held captive for one year and seven months," the NOC said in a statement. "We call on the relevant law enforcement agencies to urgently investigate the case further and name and prosecute those responsible for this crime," NOC Chairman Mustafa Sanalla said. Four engineers, three Libyans and a Romanian were kidnapped by gunmen in 2018 while working in an oil field in southern Libya. Libya has been suffering escalating violence and political instability ever since the fall of the late leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.


Source: Libya Today March 30, 2020 18:33 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...