Bersatu reclaims social media page after alleged sabotage by admins - News Summed Up

Bersatu reclaims social media page after alleged sabotage by admins


Bersatu Youth information chief Harris Idaham Rashid said four administrators suspected of being behind the sabotage had been removed, and that management of the account had been returned to Bersatu officials. On Feb 14, Bersatu lodged reports with the police, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and Meta following the alleged unauthorised takeover of its official Facebook page on Thursday (Feb 12) afternoon. The incident comes amid an intensifying leadership tussle between Bersatu president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Hamzah. According to Harris Idaham, the four administrators had full access to the page's content, permissions and administrative functions. "The posts clearly portrayed the former Bersatu deputy president in a positive light while casting Muhyiddin in a negative light," said Harris Idaham.


Source: The Star February 16, 2026 01:35 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */