The disappearance of a Quebec woman in Burkina Faso is being treated as a kidnapping, Canadian officials said Sunday. She said Luca's father spoke with them after they had arrived in Burkina Faso two days later. Travel advisory in effectCanada has an active travel advisory for Burkina Faso, recommending all non-essential travel be avoided due to the threat of terrorism. Authorities in Burkina Faso declared a state of emergency earlier this week following terrorist attacks in the northern part of the country. In its travel advisory, Canada notes this means an increase of security checkpoints and curfews.
Source: CBC News January 06, 2019 20:48 UTC