Case dropped against man tried on hair evidence 32 years ago - News Summed Up

Case dropped against man tried on hair evidence 32 years ago


George Perrot was convicted of raping 78-year-old Mary Prekop in her Springfield home in 1985 based in part on one strand of hair. But he was freed last year after a judge found an FBI agent’s testimony about microscopic hair evidence was flawed and granted him a new trial. The judge who released Perrot in February 2016 said he is “reasonably sure” that the man didn’t rape Prekop. Prekop repeatedly said the man who beat and raped her didn’t have any facial hair. ——This story has been corrected to reflect that the judge said he was “reasonably sure,” not “reasonable sure” that the man is innocent.


Source: National Post October 18, 2017 22:32 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */