The man who made false allegations about the VIP sex-abuse group that led to Operation Midland has kept his compensation AlamyMinisters have pledged to crack down on compensation paid to fake victims of sexual abuse, amid claims that thousands of pounds has not been retrieved. Recipients of the taxpayer-funded payments are said to include the man whose false allegations of a VIP sex-abuse group led to the setting up in 2014 of Scotland Yard’s Operation Midland. The man, who can be identified only as “Nick”, was said to have received as much as £50,000 from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (Cica) after alleging that he had been raped and tortured by a group of people, who, he claimed, included MPs, members of the armed forces and the former heads of MI5 and MI6. No supporting evidence was found and despite his false allegations, “Nick” is…
Source: The Times September 04, 2017 02:03 UTC