DFA hits China embassy over ‘coercive’ warningActivists display anti-China placards and flags during a protest at a park in Manila on June 18, 2019, after a Chinese vessel last week collided with a Philippine fishing boat which sank in the disputed South China Sea and sailed away sparking outrage. In the current atmosphere, this framing risks being perceived as coercive and undermines constructive bilateral dialogue,” the DFA said in a statement. “The DFA once again urges the Chinese embassy to adopt a responsible and measured tone in public exchanges,” it added. Yesterday, Ji said China remains committed to managing differences and resolving disputes with the Philippine side through dialogue and consultation even as he issued another warning to the DFA. “To the Chinese government, threats or warnings of economic sanctions or consequences against the Philippines are not consistent with calls for peaceful resolution.
Source: Philippine Star February 17, 2026 16:33 UTC