Five alleged they were told at the door their reservations had been cancelled and they were 'not getting in tonight'. Photograph: Chris Maddaloni/CollinsFive members of the Traveller community who were refused entry to a north Co Dublin restaurant have settled €75,000 claims for defamation of character against the restaurant and its security company. Barrister Dermot Francis Sheehan, who appeared with O’Hanrahan Solicitors for the claimants, on Tuesday told Judge Ken Connolly in the Circuit Civil Court the claims against Howth Railway Refreshment Rooms had been settled. They then pursued defamation claims against the restaurant and the security company, Security Partners, of Mountmellick, Co Laois. In a full defence to all of the claims, the Howth Railway Refreshment Rooms stated that in February 2023 the restaurant issued the five with apologies in writing without admission of any liability for defamation.
Source: The Irish Times February 18, 2026 18:57 UTC