HMRC 'drops Newcastle and West Ham investigations', Newcastle take Premier League to Competition Appeal Tribunal - News Summed Up

HMRC 'drops Newcastle and West Ham investigations', Newcastle take Premier League to Competition Appeal Tribunal


Newcastle owner Mike Ashley: "I am pleased that the criminal investigation has now been discontinued. One hundred and eighty HMRC officers raided club offices at St James' Park and the London Stadium on April 26, 2017 - taking away computers, financial records and mobile phones as part of Operation Loom. Newcastle owner Mike Ashley said earlier: "After four years of the club being subjected to this investigation, I am pleased that the criminal investigation has now been discontinued. Leicester CityNewcastle United Friday 7th May 7:30pm Kick off 8:00pmMeanwhile, the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT) says it received a claim for damages and/or an injunction from Ashley's St James Holdings company on April 22, under section 47A of the Competition Act 1998. The Saudi-backed consortium ended its bid to buy Newcastle in July last year having agreed to purchase the club in April.


Source: Sky sports May 06, 2021 20:47 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */