IPOH: Twenty-six people from 10 families were evacuated to Al‑Ghufron Mosque in Manjoi after floodwaters submerged their homes in Kampung Manjoi and Kampung Tengku Hussein on Monday night (Feb 16). "However, no temporary relief centre has been opened so far, as the number of victims is small and the flood situation remains under control. "All victims are currently sheltered at the Al‑Ghufron Mosque as a precaution while waiting for the floodwaters to fully recede," said the spokesperson. The Kinta District Civil Defence Force said they would continue monitoring the situation and take swift action should the water level rise or a relief centre need to be opened. Flash floods hit several parts of Ipoh yesterday after almost two hours of heavy rain, affecting areas such as the city centre, Tawas, and Kepayang, Manjoi.
Source: The Star February 17, 2026 00:55 UTC