The judge said his order wouldn’t be a total ban on sharing evidence with the public. Defendants would have an opportunity to pose objections to the application of the sensitive label, McAfee said in court. The hearing came after ABC News and the Washington Post earlier this week published video excerpts of meetings between prosecutors and Trump co-defendants who pleaded guilty. Ellis, a former lawyer for the Trump campaign, pleaded guilty last month to one felony count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings. Trump’s lead lawyer in Georgia, Steve Sadow, noted last month that none of the four defendants to have taken deals has pleaded guilty to the racketeering charge at the heart of the case.
Source: Wall Street Journal November 16, 2023 19:57 UTC