(CNN) Caroline Flack has stepped down as host of hit British reality TV show "Love Island" after she was charged with assault. The 40-year-old presenter confirmed the news in a statement posted to her Instagram stories Tuesday, saying she didn't want her personal life to "detract attention from the upcoming series." "There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life," she told her 2.3 million followers. "While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over." She said that "Love Island" had been her "world" for the last five years, adding: "It's the best show on telly."
Source: CNN December 17, 2019 11:37 UTC