Most ‘priority’ flood defences have still not entered planning after eight years - News Summed Up

Most ‘priority’ flood defences have still not entered planning after eight years


Thirteen others are at planning or detailed-design phase and will also take years to complete, while just ten are under construction. However, most of the priority schemes are not yet in the planning system. And the Office of Public Works (OPW) said just three had been subject to judicial review. The OPW said one earlier project that predated the current priority list and is now complete was initially challenged by a judicial review. One other project, categorised under a separate minor-works scheme, has been halted by judicial review.


Source: The Irish Times February 14, 2026 13:33 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */