Oakland sues Raiders, NFL over ‘illegal’ Vegas move - News Summed Up

Oakland sues Raiders, NFL over ‘illegal’ Vegas move


Oakland sues Raiders, NFL over ‘illegal’ Vegas movehome/Sports/Top Sports/Oakland sues Raiders, NFL over ‘illegal’ Vegas moveOAKLAND, United States: The city of Oakland said Tuesday it had filed a lawsuit against the National Football League and the Raiders franchise over its move to Las Vegas. Oakland City Attorney Barbara Parker said in a statement the team’s relocation to Las Vegas, which will take effect from 2020, was “illegal” and breached antitrust laws. The lawsuit, which described the NFL as a “cartel”, aims to “recover damages resulting from the Raiders’ illegal move to Las Vegas, including lost revenue, money that Oakland taxpayers invested in the Raiders and other costs.”Parker said the Raiders and the NFL had “brazenly violated federal antitrust law and the league’s own policies when they boycotted Oakland as a host city.”“The Raiders’ illegal move lines the pockets of NFL owners and sticks Oakland, its residents, taxpayers and dedicated fans with the bill,” Parker said in the statement. An agreement between the Raiders and the city to play in Oakland in 2019 had been reached, but has yet to be formally approved. But, if in fact it does get ugly, and can’t be bridged, we do have options.”NFL team owners approved the Raiders move from California to Las Vegas by a 31-1 vote in March last year.


Source: Manila Times December 12, 2018 16:18 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */