Rafael Nadal ends season early to recover from persistent wrist injury - News Summed Up

Rafael Nadal ends season early to recover from persistent wrist injury


The former world No1 Rafael Nadal has ended his 2016 campaign early in an attempt to fully recover from the left wrist injury that has plagued him this year. Nick Kyrgios pulls out of Rotterdam Open to play in NBA celebrity game Read moreIn a statement the Spanish 14-times grand slam champion said he would play no more tournaments and would instead begin “preparing intensively” for the 2017 season. Nadal, 30, was forced to pull out of the French Open before his third-round match and also missed Wimbledon because of the injury although the left-hander returned to compete at the Rio Olympics where he won a doubles gold medal with Marc López. “It is no secret that I arrived to the Olympic Games short of preparation and not fully recovered, but the goal was to compete and win a medal for Spain,” Nadal said. “This forced recovery has caused me pain since then and now I am forced to stop and start preparing the 2017 season.”Nadal, who is ranked sixth in the world, was expected to qualify for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals.


Source: The Guardian October 20, 2016 16:48 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */