Late Sunday morning, he said the remaining 12 crew members had been moved to the Smit Nicobar as well. Weather conditions had improved by then, he said, and the Smit Nicobar, which is equipped with fire monitors, was working on fighting the fire. “The coast guard is continuing to monitor and co-ordinate efforts to help with the situation,” said Canup. The blaze then spread to several other containers, and coast guard officials in Boston received a call for help early Friday. On Saturday, a spokesman for international shipping company Hapag-Lloyd, which owns the Yantian Express, said it was still too early to assess damage to the ship or cargo.
Source: National Post January 06, 2019 16:14 UTC