MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter Beattie has poured cold water on the prospect of sacked Wallabies fullback Israel Folau returning to the National Rugby League. News Ltd media reported on Wednesday that NRL clubs had made enquiries about Folau returning to the 13-man code after his four-year Rugby Australia contract was torn up last month for a controversial post on social media. Israel has social media posts online that go against what our game stands for," Beattie told Australia Associated Press. Folau, a fundamentalist Christian, was sacked by Rugby Australia and his Super Rugby club New South Wales Waratahs for posting on social media that hell awaits "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers" and other groups. “We believe Rugby Australia and the Waratahs have acted unfairly and unlawfully in their treatment of Israel,” the firm's head of employment George Haros said.
Source: The Star June 05, 2019 06:56 UTC