A 65-year-old tourist from California died Saturday in an apparent shark attack as he swam off the coast of Maui, authorities said. The suspected attack would be the first fatal shark attack in Maui since 2015. There were six shark attacks so far this year in Maui, which is a “hot spot” for shark attacks off Hawaii, shark expert Michael Domeier told KHON2. Hers was the third fatal shark attack in Maui waters since 2013. Officials have erected shark attack warning signs in Ka’anapali Beach Park and will reassess the danger Sunday.
Source: Huffington Post May 26, 2019 05:48 UTC