India hands back Chinese soldier caught in Ladakh - News Summed Up

India hands back Chinese soldier caught in Ladakh


"The PLA soldier who had been apprehended on Jan 8, 2021, has been handed back to China at Chushul-Moldo at 10.10 am today," the Indian Army said in a statement, referring to the People's Liberation Army of China. The soldier had been apprehended by Indian troops south of Pangong Tso lake in the western Himalayan region of Ladakh, which borders Chinese-controlled Tibet, an Indian official said. Last October, a Chinese soldier straying across the border in Ladakh's Demchok had been held by Indian troops and returned within days. Indian and Chinese troops remain locked in a high-altitude confrontation along the border in Ladakh, where soldiers clashed in brutal hand-to-hand combat last June. Twenty Indian troops were killed in the clash, and the Chinese side suffered an undisclosed number of casualties.


Source: bd News24 January 11, 2021 08:03 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */