MOF task force to tackle misuse of social visit passes, says Fahmi - News Summed Up

MOF task force to tackle misuse of social visit passes, says Fahmi


PUTRAJAYA (Feb 6): A task force will be set up to address misuse of social visit passes (PLS), said Madani government spokesman Datuk Fahmi Fadzil. We expect the MOF, after holding meetings, to issue a statement on the setting up of the task force,” he told a post-Cabinet meeting media conference here on Friday. Fahmi said the task force would comprise members from the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry (Miti); Home Ministry (KDN); Ministry of Domestic Trade and Cost of Living (KPDN); Ministry of Entrepreneur and Cooperatives Development (Kuskop); and Ministry of Housing and Local Government (KPKT). Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim stressed during last week's Cabinet meeting the need for strict enforcement action against foreigners who misuse social visit passes or visa relaxation to work in Malaysia. As such, he said the Cabinet has instructed the Transport Ministry to initiate follow-up measures.


Source: The Edge Markets February 06, 2026 11:36 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */