Egypt's Ministry of Tourism & Antiquities organizes a virtual tour for Tutankhamun’ s hall

File - Tutankhamun’ s hall. CAIRO - 29 May 2020: Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and Virtual Mid East organised a virtual tour for Tutankhamun’ s hall at the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir on May 28. The tour explored the treasured collection of the young king.On the 4th of November 1922, British archaeologist Howard Carter made the most spectacular discovery in the history of archaeology: the tomb of the young king Tutankhamun.Painstakingly excavated over the course of almost ten years, its four small rock-cut chambers hidden beneath the sands of the Valley of the Kings yielded over 5,000 incredible objects, bearing witness to the life and death of this king.Most likely the son of the “heretic” king Akhenaten, Tutankhamun ascended the throne at around the age of nine, in the aftermath of the great religious upheaval of the Amarna Period.He was married to Ankhsenamun, third daughter of Akhenaten and his chief queen, Nefertiti. Early in his reign, the golden pharaoh restored wealth and power to the great god Amun-Re, whose worship Akhenaten had suppressed.Although a recent CT scan of Tutankhamun’s mummy has revealed interesting new information about the techniques in his mummification, and has confirmed that he was about 10 when he died, the cause of his death is still uncertain.Most of the objects discovered in the tomb of Tutankhamun on display here were actually used during his lifetime.Others, in contrast, were made specifically to be buried with him. What both types of objects have in common, however, is that they all stand as testimonies to their makers’ mastery of their craft, and to the great wealth that the royal treasury had accrued through the empire that the kings of the New Kingdom had built.Among the most significant of Tutankhamun’s objects on display are:1-The Gold Mask2-The innermost coffin, made of solid gold3-The middle coffin4-The gold coffinettes for his internal organs

Source:Egypt Today

May 28, 2020 15:11 UTC


Sisi warns against attempts to question Egypt's coronavirus efforts

FILE – President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi – ReutersCAIRO – 28 May 2020: Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Thursday has warned against attempts by “lurking enemies of the homeland” to question the state’s efforts and accomplishments in the face of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).In a Facebook post, Sisi said that such attempts are taking place while the Egyptian government and people are exerting efforts to face the pandemic, continue implementing development plans, and preserving economic stability in light of these hard circumstances.He has reaffirmed his trust in the Egyptian people, who always show “toughness” and ability to face and combat such hostile “campaigns.”“We stand together in an important moment in the age of the homeland to face the coronavirus pandemic,” Sisi said, adding that this battle requires “everyone to continue cooperation and solidarity, to pass this ordeal in peace and to preserve the success we have achieved in different fields.”Sisi last week said the coronavirus crisis in Egypt is managed in a scientific and professional way, affirming that the current number of reported cases is still within the normal range.The Egyptian state has focused on refuting rumors and urging citizens to take information only from official and credible sources. Also, those who intentionally spread rumors about the novel coronavirus can face a five-year imprisonment sentence, the public prosecution said late in March.In a press statement, the prosecution said that legal action will be taken in conformity with articles no. (80), (102) and (188) of the criminal law.The Egyptian Health Ministry in its daily briefing on Wednesday said 910 people have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) in Egypt over the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 19,666.The ministry also reported 19 deaths due to the novel virus, upping the total number to 816.Also, the test results of 5,798 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,205 people who totally recovered. It added that 178 patients left hospitals.

Source:Egypt Today

May 28, 2020 11:15 UTC


Egypt repatriates 160 stranded nationals from UAE

EgyptAir flight- CC via WikimediaCAIRO – 27 May 2020: The Cairo International Airport has received an exceptional flight carrying 160 Egyptians from the United Arab Emirates, as part of Egypt’s plan to repatriate all stranded Egyptians abroad over the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.The expatriated arrivals have been tested for coronavirus and were moved to be quarantined for seven days.Since the coronavirus crisis started, EgyptAir, the Egyptian flag carrier, has operated many exceptional flights to several countries, including the US, UK, Maldives, Kuwait, South Sudan and Kenya, to bring back stranded Egyptians abroad.On April 22nd, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi noted that around 3,500 Egyptians are stranded abroad over coronavirus, affirming that authorities are committed to bringing them back despite "hard circumstances".This comes while Egypt has witnessed a major rise in coronavirus cases during the past period. Assistant Health Minister Mohamed Fawzy said the next period will see a peak of coronavirus infections in Egypt.However, he said the quarantine hospitals nationwide still have vacant places for new cases and that the medical and preventive requirements are available in large quantities.The Health Ministry said in its daily briefing on Tuesday that 789 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Egypt recently, bringing the total number of cases to 18,756.The ministry also reported 14 deaths due to the novel virus, bringing the total number to 797.Also, the test results of 5,606 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,027 people who totally recovered. It added that 127 patients left hospitals.

Source:Egypt Today

May 27, 2020 14:37 UTC


Egypt to see upcoming COVID-19 peak: health official

FILE - A man walks past the closed al-Azhar Mosque in Cairo which has been closed along with other places of worship to stop the spread of coronavirus in Egypt – ReutersCAIRO – 27 May 2020: The next period will see a peak of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in Egypt, an assistant health minister said, denying any shortage in ventilators or intensive care beds.Egypt still uses the malaria drug, chloroquine, in treating coronavirus patients, according to a health protocol nationwide supervised by a scientific committee, Mohamed Fawzy told dmc channel. This comes although the World Health Organization in May announced dropping hydroxychloroquine, a derivative of chloroquine, from its experimental coronavirus treatments due to safety concerns.Fawzy said the quarantine hospitals nationwide still have vacant places for new cases and that the medical and preventive requirements are available in large quantities.The Egyptian state has adopted a new strategy to face the novel coronavirus, including involving 320 hospitals to test the coronavirus (COVID-19) suspected cases, which allows citizens to head to the nearest hospital in case they showed any symptoms, the Cabinet’s spokesman said earlier.Suspected cases will be screened by simple tests like complete blood counts (CBC) and chest X-ray, Saad said, then they will be asked to self-isolate at home in case they do not show symptoms, or will be tested for coronavirus in case they develop severe symptoms.Saad denied any shortage in ventilators, saying that Egypt has 4,000 ventilators while only less than 50 patients currently need them and about 250 patients are in the intensive care units.Fawzy’s remarks about a peak in coronavirus infections echo the higher education minister’s statements that Egypt will expectedly record 20,000 coronavirus cases by the end of May and that rise will continue throughout the first week of June.Minister Khaled Abdel Ghaffar, however, suggests that the number of cases will likely start to become lower starting June 7th, and can decrease to reach zero after July 17th, after reaching around 37,000 cases.The Health Ministry said in its daily briefing on Tuesday that 789 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Egypt recently, bringing the total number of cases to 18,756.The ministry also reported 14 deaths due to the novel virus, bringing the total number to 797.Also, the test results of 5,606 people turned from positive to negative, the ministry said, including 5,027 people who totally recovered. It added that 127 patients left hospitals.

Source:Egypt Today

May 27, 2020 14:37 UTC


Tags
Finance      African Press Release      Lifestyle       Hiring       Health-care       Online test prep Corona       Crypto      Vpn     
  

Loading...