Hamilton's public school board is conducting a review of safety procedures at an Ancaster elementary school after a four-year-old student wandered away from school half naked last month. The incident happened on the afternoon of Sept. 28 at Rousseau Elementary School, near McNiven Road and Mohawk Road. - Sharon Stephanian, Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board superintendentNeither the boy's parents nor the school board are sure just how Michael managed to get outside without anyone noticing. "He was probably alone, walking home [half] naked for around ten minutes … and at that point, the school didn't even notice he was missing," Tony said. Stephanian says that the school board has been in touch with Michael's family, and are "extremely apologetic" about the incident.
Source: CBC News October 17, 2017 20:03 UTC